Last Updated on August 22, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Strawberry Fennel Salad with Fresh Mozzarella
Spinach, Strawberries, Fennel and Fresh Mozzarella combine into a light and fresh salad, especially delicious in the summer when these ingredients are in season.
Strawberries and balsamic vinegar are a popular dessert pairing in Italy, often served with sweetened Ricotta cheese or Marscapone and even gelato. Here are the same flavors from that popular pairing in salad form. With fennel, this salad version of the classic combo is often seen at summer tables across Italy…and beyond…
This is a wonderful light salad, perfect for the season, especially if your AC is on the blink or after a full day of playing at the beach with the kids.
This is a quick meal that will get you in and out of the kitchen in a jiffy. All you need to do is add some grilled chicken or grilled shrimp or if you would like to keep it Vegetarian, you can add some portabello mushrooms.
This salad uses fresh, seasonal ingredients (summer) and a simple Balsamic Dressing that can be used for any salad and even as a marinade.
This delicious Strawberry Fennel Salad can be made with either regular spinach or baby spinach leaves.
Simultaneously sweet, smoky and savory, this salad is a complex amalgamation of flavors that creates a unique flavor profile. If you’d like to add even more smokiness to the dish to go along with perhaps a summer barbecue, you could use smoked mozzarella instead of the fresh mozzarella.
And what about a great crusty bread to go with it?
Here are some other delicious salads you might want to add to your dinner table!
- Apricot Spinach Salad
- Beet Carrot Salad
- Golden Beet Mozzarella Salad
- Carrot Mung Bean Salad
- Fennel Grapefruit Salad with Beets
- Fig & Watercress Salad
- Heirloom Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- Fresh Fig Salad with Orange Emulsion Dressing
- Mizuna Radish Salad
…and don’t forget that pistacchio garnish – it makes all the difference!
Strawberry Fennel Salad
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced fennel
- 4 cups quartered strawberries
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella chopped
- 1/2 cup pistacchios toasted
Balsamic Dressing Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- To make the dressing, combine shallot, vinegars and salt in a bowl. Whisk well.
- While whisking, slowly add olive oil and whisk well until thoroughly combined.
- To put together the salad, combine spinach, fennel, strawberries and mozzarella.
- Toss with enough dressing, as desired.
- To serve, garnish with pistacchios.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
This post may include affiliate links.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Oh yes, strawberry and balsamic vinegar makes a great combo. This salad looks delicious and refreshing.
I make strawberry salads often in the summer, but haven’t tried using fennel. Actually, don’t think I’ve ever purchased fennel so I wouldn’t know what to do with it. Thanks for the idea!
fennel is a very versatile vegetable as you can eat it either raw or cooked. You should definitely try it on your next visit to the market.
That is one healthy & refreshing salad.
I love strawberries in my salad. This looks super tasty.
I have been looking for new salad recipes. This one looks great.
Sounds like a garden fresh salad…so vibrant and nicely presented!