Last Updated on January 11, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Heirloom Tomato Mozzarella Salad with Creamy Mint Balsamic Dressing
Heirloom Tomato Mozzarella Salad with Creamy Mint Balsamic Dressing is a great summer salad taking advantage of summer sweet tomatoes.
Eating seasonally is the best way to get the best of the season’s fruits and vegetables. Although tomatoes are available all year round, there is nothing like the sweet juicy summer tomatoes. During this season, it’s not easy to forget that tomatoes are a fruit. I keep a container of sweet juicy summer grape tomatoes and it’s my favorite summer snack.
Heirloom tomatoes aren’t alway the prettiest to look at, but the taste makes up for any lack of aesthetics. Get all natural tomatoes that haven’t been sprayed with chemicals from farmer’s markets or organic markets for the best flavor!
The creamy dressing with fresh mint gives this salad the best combination of sweet tomatoes and creamy dressing with both fresh and smoky flavors. With protein from the cheese and nuts, this salad can serve as a meal on its own.
Here are some other delicious salads utilizing delicious summer produce!
- Corn Salsa
- Apricot Spinach Salad
- Green Bean Raspberry Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Roasted Tomato Salad
- Peach & Tomato Salad
With the creamy dressing, this Heirloom Tomato Mozarella Salad is irresistible. The balsamic and pine nuts add just the right amount of smoky to compliment the fresh mint.
Perfect for the last of the season’s barbecue’s and outdoor picnic’s!
Heirloom Tomato Mozzarella Salad
- In a dry skillet, toast the pine nuts until golden brown.
- Quarter or half the tomatoes, depending on the size.
- To make the dressing, combine mint and garlic in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, balsamic, salt and pepper. Process until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and cheese.
- Add 1/4 cup of the dressing and mix until thoroughly combined.
- To serve, garnish with the toasted nuts.