Last Updated on April 15, 2022 by Chef Mireille
Apricot Spinach Salad – this salad makes a great summer salad taking advantage of seasonal produce. Add some grilled protein and make it a complete summer meal!
With apricots now becoming a regular fixture at the markets with summer approaching, I got some nice ripe ones a few days ago. After eating a few as is, what does a cook do with a bunch of gorgeous fruit on her table? She tries to come up with delicious recipes, utilizing the rosy beauties.
After trying and loving the traditional Hyderabad treat, Khubani Ka Mitha, I used the rest of the apricots in this salad. I love fruit in salads and this one was no exception.
During the summer, none of us really likes to spend a whole lot of time in a hot kitchen. Salads make the perfect summer meals. All you need to do is add some grilled protein like chicken, shrimp or paneer/halloumi (cooking cheeses) and it turns into a complete meal. Here are some other salads to make your summer meals healthy, hassle free and delicious!
- Asparagus Pasta Salad
- Beet Carrot Salad
- Carrot Mung Bean Salad
- Chickpea Pomegranate Salad
- Fresh Chickpea Salad with Passionfruit Dressing
- Fresh Fig Salad
- Mizuna Apple Almond Salad
- Mizuna Radish Salad
- Roasted Tomato Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
This fabulous Apricot Salad Dressing really puts the salad over the top!
Apricot Spinach Salad is so simple to put together – making it a quick and simple summer meal!
Delicious and healthy!
Enjoy as a side salad or transform into a complete meal by adding some grilled protein. I added a Costco Salmon Burger and it makes the perfect summer meal!
Apricot Spinach Salad
Apricot Salad Dressing Ingredients
Spinach Salad Ingredients
- 4 apricots sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach leave firmly packed
- 3 large radishes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Manouri cheese or feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds plus extra for garnish
- To make the salad dressing, whisk together the preserves, mustard, cumin, salt, lemon juice and harissa.
- While whisking continuously, slowly drizzle in the olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine apricots, spinach, radish, zest, cheese and pomegranate seeds.
- Add a little dressing and toss well.
- Serve, garnished with more pomegranate seeds.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!