Last Updated on November 19, 2019 by Chef Mireille
This post may include affiliate links.
Take one of the most classic Italian American dishes – Chicken Florentine and transform it into a delicious soup and you have a delicious Chicken Florentine Soup recipe the whole family will love.
Chicken, Spinach, a few herbs and a little cream is all you need. This recipe requires simple ingredients you most likely already have in house and it is a pretty cost efficient recipe also without any exotic ingredients.
Once the temperatures start to cool, everyone’s favorite dinnertime meal becomes soup. When the temperatures go below freezing, we crave something to warm us from the inside out.
With chicken being the most utilized protein in the US, the varieties of chicken soup you can find here are endless – Chicken Noodle, Chicken Rice, Chicken Barley, Chicken Mushroom…..and the list will go on and on…with zillions of varieties.
When I got bored of my stand by ones I usually make, I decided to transform one of my favorite pasta dishes into Chicken Soup. If you like Chicken Florentine Pasta, you definitely will love this soup and without the pasta, it is a little lighter on the waistline.
Chicken Florentine Soup is perfect to enjoy on cold winter evenings!
Since it’s soup season, before we get to today’s recipe, let’s check out some other soup recipes from around the world to keep you warm this winter! Try some new International Recipes this season!
- Burmese West Coast Mohinga (Fish)
- Khao Soi (Chicken)
- Laotian Chicken Noodle Soup
- Chickpea Okra Ground Provision Soup (V)
- Classic Tomato Soup (V)
- Classic Lentil Soup (V)
- Hong Kong Noodle Soup (Shrimp)
- Green Pozole (Chicken & Pork)
- Locro de Papa (V)
- Tomato Chickpea Soup (V)
Of course, you can always substitute dried herbs. However, if you can get fresh herbs they add so much more flavor!
This soup is made with basic ingredients you most likely have in the fridge and pantry anyway. No need to go on an ingredients hunt all over your city – so there is no excuse not to make this comfort food Chicken Florentine Soup recipe!
Once you start, you won’t be able to stop!
Chicken Florentine Soup
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, rosemary, oregano and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken pieces and strain the broth.
- As soon as the chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the chicken from the bone and discard the bones.
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add onion and saute until translucent.
- Add broth, 1 cup water and chicken.
- Add heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes on medium low heat.
- Add spinach and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Add parsley, salt and crushed red pepper.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!