Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Caribbean Rum Punch or Caribbean Tropical Mocktail
This drinks is a perfect party drink. It can be made the classical way with rum or non alchoholic.
Any Caribbean party is not complete without rum punch. Rum which is distilled from sugar cane is produced on just about every Caribbean island so it is the favorite alcohol of the people. Rum Punch is a delicious concoction of rum, tropical juices, lime juice and sugar. Here I created a non-alcoholic version for those who don’t drink alcohol.
You can serve the base mixture as a non alcoholic mocktail, delicious for everyone to enjoy from kids to adults.
But that doesn’t mean the adults that drink alcohol need to skip out. Just add a shot of rum to the base and your classic Caribbean Rum Punch is ready.
Garnish with papaya slices, if desired.
This punch is perfect for any party – whichever version you make!
…and if you’d like to try some more Caribbean flavors – Coconut Bread Pudding might be perfect for you to try!
Caribbean Punch 2 Ways – Non Alcoholic Punch and Rum Punch
- 14 oz. papaya
- 1 1/2 cups mango juice
- 1 1/2 cups guava juice/nectar
- 3/4 cup passionfruit juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- papaya slices optional garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine lime juice and sugar.
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes until the sugar is melted.
- In a blender, combine papaya, mango juice, guava juice, passionfruit juice and lime/sugar combination.
- Blend until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Chill and serve over ice.
- Garnish with papaya slices, if desired.
For a smoother punch, you can strain the punch after blending.
You can substitute pineapple juice for the passionfruit juice, if desired.
Ready to make this recipe? I would love to see your photos! Tag me on Instagram @chefmireille #theschizochef with your pics!
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
SHARING IS CARING