Last Updated on July 12, 2022 by Chef Mireille
Did you know there is a National Bacon Day? Some of these food holidays I think are unnecessary – even as a food content creator. However, I think everyone will agree that there is no better food holiday than one completely devoted to Recipes with Bacon to experience that salty, smoky magic that is bacon. So check out these 50 Delicious Ways to Eat Bacon!
And be sure to save the date and make sure to eat some bacon on September 3rd…but there’s no reason bacon should ever be reserved just for one day alone. That’s why I am suppling you with all these Recipes with Bacon…practically one for every week of the year!
Is there anything else better than waking up to the aroma of bacon sizzling and coffee brewing? It’s an awakening of the senses- even tempting to Vegetarians.
Do any of you know people who say they’re Vegetarian or they don’t eat pork – but make an exception for bacon. I do – I call them Vegetarians of convenience. But I can’t blame them…bacon is really something magical that nothing compares to. Even they can’t resist delicious recipes with bacon.
- Types of Bacon
- Bacon Recipes
- Breakfast Bacon Dishes
- Bacon Appetizers
- Recipes with Bacon and Chicken
- Sandwiches with Bacon
- Bacon Dinner Ideas
- Side Dish Recipes with Bacon
- Bread Recipes with Bacon
- Bacon Wrapped Recipes
- Unusual Bacon Recipes
- Bacon Dessert Recipes
Before we get to the Best Bacon Recipes I know about, let’s talk about the difference between the different types of bacon.
Types of Bacon
- American Style Bacon – Known as streaky bacon in the UK, American bacon comes from the pork belly. This has a high fat content with streaks of fat laced throughout the meat, hence it’s name of streaky bacon.
- Back Bacon – This is a leaner type of bacon that comes from the back of the pig. It’s closer to ham than it is to the streaky bacon we are used to in the United States. This is the most common type of bacon in the UK or Canada. Here in the US, it is commonly sold as Irish Bacon or Canadian Bacon. However in Canada and the UK, it is simply sold as back bacon.
- Pancetta – Pancetta is an Italian style of bacon where the meat is cured with salt and sometimes other spices. The main difference between this and other types of bacon is that it is only cured, but not smoked like Back Bacon and American Style Bacon.
- Non Pork Bacon – Although Turkey Bacon is the most common alternative here in the United States, duck bacon, beef bacon and I even tried chicken bacon when I was in Malaysia. Some of these might be available depending upon where you live.
Now I think your hardest decision is going to be which one of these recipes with bacon to try first. There are so many different good bacon recipes here I am sure there is something here for every palate.
But before we get to the yummy bacon recipes, you might also want to check out these 50 Leftover Ham Recipes!
SAVE THIS POST for when you are wondering what to make with bacon with these amazing Recipes with Bacon!
Breakfast Bacon Dishes
Recipes with Bacon and Chicken
Sandwiches with Bacon
Bacon Dinner Ideas
Side Dish Recipes with Bacon
Bread Recipes with Bacon
Bacon Wrapped Recipes
Unusual Bacon Recipes
Bacon Dessert Recipes
Check out these amazing 12 Bacon Dessert Recipes that combine the salty smoky bacon in desserts like Beignets, Brownies and more…