Last Updated on May 10, 2022 by Britt Ervin
This Caribbean Punch is a perfect party drink. It can be made the classical way with rum or as a refreshing non-alcoholic mocktail. Served over ice, these fruity beverages are perfect for warmer weather!
Any Caribbean-inspired party is not complete without a Rum Punch. Rum, which is distilled from sugar cane, is produced on just about every Caribbean island which makes it the favorite alcohol of the people. Rum Punch is a delicious concoction that includes rum, tropical juices, lime juice, and sugar. I created a non-alcoholic version of this Caribbean Punch for those who don’t drink alcohol, which, like my Prickly Pear Caribbean Smoothie, is perfect for kids and adults of all ages.
The rum punch that I have created here is quite simple but still provides all the tropical notes that you would expect from a fruity drink like this. It’s so easy that you can double it without trouble to take it to the next outdoor party that you go to. It will be an automatic new favorite, by adults and kids alike!
If you prepare Caribbean Rum Punch as a mocktail, adults that do drink alcohol can easily make this an alcoholic beverage. Just add a shot of rum and your classic Caribbean Rum Punch is ready!
Frequently Asked Questions
To make this traditional Caribbean punch recipe you need:
- mango juice
- guava juice
- passionfruit juice
- lime juice
- papaya slices for garnish
- rum, if desired
How to Make Caribbean Rum Punch 2 Ways
To start the punch, combine lime juice and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved into the lime juice.
Next, in a blender, combine papaya, mango juice, guava juice, passionfruit juice, and the lime-sugar combination from the saucepan. Blend all ingredients together until the mixture is smooth.
Chill the punch in the refrigerator. You then have two options for serving:
- Serve the fruit juice punch as-is over ice for a non-alcoholic mocktail.
- Add ice to a glass. Pour in 1oz. shot of rum per 6-8oz. of punch for an alcoholic drink with, well, some punch!
However you choose to enjoy, I suggest adding papaya or lime slices to the glass for garnish.
In my photos here I have added some papaya. Doesn’t that look so refreshing?
This Caribbean Rum Punch is perfect for any party – whichever version you make!
Recipe Variations and Tips
- You can leave out or swap any of the juices used in this recipe with other preferred fruit juices. Pineapple, orange, and lemon juices are all great options.
- Freeze pieces of fruit to add in place of ice cubes to keep the drink fresh, cold, and fruity!
- Prepare the punch blend ahead of time. It will keep well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Serve this punch with sweet Caribbean dishes like Coconut Bread Pudding, Cornmeal Pudding, and Caribbean Rum Cake for even more delicious rum flavor.
If you have seen any of my other rum recipes, then you may well know that I have a Caribbean heritage, and rum is usually my favorite go-to liquor! For more chilled alcoholic drinks as the summer season heats up, take a look at these refreshing recipes:
- Hibiscus Rum Punch
- Come Y Bebe
- Passion Fruit Mojito Cocktail
- Exotic & Fruity Jacmel Haitian Rum Punch
Caribbean Punch 2 Ways – Non Alcoholic Punch and Rum Punch
- In a small saucepan, combine lime juice and sugar.
- Cook on low heat for a few minutes until the sugar is melted.
- In a blender, combine papaya, mango juice, guava juice, passionfruit juice and lime/sugar combination.
- Blend until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Chill and serve over ice.
- Garnish with papaya slices, if desired.
For a smoother punch, you can strain the punch after blending.
You can substitute pineapple juice for the passionfruit juice, if desired.
Ready to make this recipe? I would love to see your photos! Tag me on Instagram @chefmireille #theschizochef with your pics!
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
SHARING IS CARING