Last Updated on May 18, 2021 by Chef Mireille
This Easy Broccoli Breakfast Casserole is a dump and bake recipes that comes together super easy.
It is a complete meal with potatoes, sausage, eggs and broccoli. Perfect for breakfast for the family or a weekend brunch. Make it for a Mother’s Day or Father’s Day feast!
This base recipe can be adapted to your own palate with different veggies, herbs or cheese per your liking. You can even make a Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole and omit the sausage. Use mushrooms instead.
When you think breakfast, what comes to mind? There are a number of things that can be considered an all American breakfast:
and then there are regional differences like:
No matter what part of America you live in, eggs, hash browns and bacon or sausage is considered standard breakfast fare. In this casserole, I’ve combined all the stuff that make this breakfast into a delicious baked casserole breakfast.
- If you would prefer to make a Vegetarian Breakfast Casserole, omit the sausage and add some sauteed mushrooms instead.
- You can use fresh sausage, but you will want to precook them before adding to the casserole.
- You can use any variety of your favorite herbs like rosemary, oregano, basil and tarragon in addition to or instead of the parsley and cilantro.
- Spice it up with a little homemade harissa.
So what do you need to make this easy casserole?
- your favorite cheese
- smoked sausage
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
Have you tried instacart yet? It’s how I get all of my fresh grocery items delivered within 2 hours!
How to make Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- Combine grated potatoes broccoli, sausage, eggs, cheese and herbs.
- Transfer to a baking dish and spread in an even layer and add more cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Flavorful complete breakfast in a casserole!
Broccoli Breakfast Casserole
- 3 1/3 cups potato grated
- 1 large jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheese + 4 tablespoons I used a combo of Gruyere, Cheddar & Pepper Jack
- 2 sausage links use smoked, pre cooked sausages, chopped (I use Applegate brand Fire Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Sausage)
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a large casserole dish.
- Place all the ingredients except the eggs, salt and pepper in a bowl, using 1 cup of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add a generous amount of salt and pepper. Add all of the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes.
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!