Last Updated on November 24, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie is the best combination of two classic desserts in one. Both cheesecake lovers and sweet potato pie lovers will enthusiastically dig into this dessert, perfect for the holiday season.
What’s your favorite kind of holiday pie?
Berry pies like Apple, Blueberry and Rhubarb or Custard pies like Sweet Potato and Pumpkin?
This post may include affiliate links.
For me, it’s the custard type ones like Pumpkin Pie or Sweet Potato so what did I do for this dessert – I combined two of my favorite desserts in one pie. Sweet Potato Pie and Cheesecake – who can decide which is better – I can’t, so with this dessert no choice is necessary!
Both the cheesecake lovers and the sweet potato pie lovers will enthusiastically dig into this decadent dessert!
If you prefer fruit based pies, you can hop over and check out my Blueberry Pie recipe, but for the rest of you – this is so delicious, it will become a new family favorite I guarantee!
I can develop delicious cake, cookie and other dessert recipes, however, I don’t consider myself an artistic baker. Every year I try to challenge myself with at least one stunner of a dessert. That is how this one came about.
Looking for other artistic desserts to wow your guests this year, but something that isn’t too hard or complicated to create? Check out some of my other Artistic Desserts. These desserts are as beautiful to look at as they are delicious.
Artistic Dessert Recipes
- Queens Vlaai – Dutch Apricot Tart
- Versunkener Apfelkuchen – German Sunken Apple Cake
- Pistacchio Crusted Mango Rose Cake
- Khao Neow Dum Sung Khaya – Thai Black Rice Pudding Custard
Let’s make sure we have all the ingredients and tools in stock to make this delicious Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie!
- 1 blind baked pie crust
- sweet potatoes
- evaporated milk
- freshly grated nutmeg
- ground cloves
- cream cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- all purpose flour
- orange extract
How to Make Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie
The first step to making this awesome dessert is the homemade pie crust. Check out How to Make a homemade Blind Baked Pie Crust here.
- Make the pie crust.
- Blind bake the pie crust.
Tools for making pie crust
Pie Crust Substitutions
If you’d like to take a short cut and skip making the pie crust from scratch, there are many store bought options. You can buy a freezer pie crust or use ready make mixes that are so easy you only need to add water, including gluten free pie crust options!
Don’t forget to let the crust hang over the pan when you blind bake it, so that when shrinkage occurs in the baking process, you will still have a full crust.
- Make the cheesecake base.
- Make the sweet potato base.
- Add them separately to the pie crust.
- Using a knife, swirl the two bases in an S pattern.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
One thing about baking pies. They should be baked until just done. If you leave them in the oven just a little longer, they will crack on the top. So mine cracked. I baked mine for an hour, but it was probably ready at 50 minutes.
Cracked or not, I think it is still an awesome looking dessert and did not want you to miss out on it!
Is there a better tea time treat than this? I can’t think of one right now!
Such an awesome pie with the custardy cheesy filling!
Sweet Potato Cheesecake Pie
- 1 blind baked pie crust
Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make sweet potato filling, beat sweet potatoes with sugar and eggs.
- Add milk and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- To make cheesecake batter, beat cream cheese, ricotta cheese and eggs until well mixed.
- Add sugar, flour and orange extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add milk and mix until completely incorporated.
- In a pie plate, pour the cheesecake batter.
- Pour the sweet potato batter on top.
- Using a knife, make a decorative pattern with the two batters.
- Place pie plate on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for 50 minutes, until firm and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- Using the back of a spoon, crack off the excess dough over the pie plate.
- Slice and serve.
You might also like
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!