Last Updated on June 30, 2020 by Chef Mireille
MAKE BRUSCHETTA 2 WAYS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY
With two toppings – one a delicious Basil Roasted Tomatoes and the other pesto, sausage and cheese will make everyone happy – both Vegetarians and Carnivores!
Bruschetta is an Italian way of toasting bread usually in the oven, grill or skillet. The bread is brushed with olive oil, rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with salt and pepper and toasted on the grill or in the oven for a few minutes, until golden. This bruschetta can then be topped with many different things and is a common antipasto or appetizer served in many a restaurant and home.
Traditional Italian bruschetta is generally a tomato based topping. However, modern interpretations of bruschetta include just about anything on toasted slices of Italian crusty bread!
Bruschetta are great to serve for parties. You can make a selection of different toppings and then have a great variety of toppings to serve at your party.
Make sure to include both Vegetarian and non Vegetarian options to make everyone happy.
Are you planning a party soon? Check out my Party Planning Guide to help you make the event stress free!
What do you need to make Bruschetta 2 ways?
- Crusty Italian bread
- Basil Roasted Tomatoes
- Smoked Sausage
- Semi Hard or Hard Cheese – provolone, pepper jack, gouda, asiago, pecorino romano
Making the tomato topping will take the longest time, so start with that first. This Basil Roasted Tomato topping is not only great on crostini, but even great to toss with pasta for a light summer pasta.
Next you need to make the Crostini. What is crostini? A fancy word for toasted bread.
Basically, all you need to do is slice the bread. Brush it with olive oil. Toast it underneath the broiler for a few minutes, until golden brown.
Everything else is stuff you can get from the store, so then it’s just assembly!
These bruschetta are even great on their own for a light summer meal! Tomato Bruschetta & Pesto Sausage Bruschetta will make everyone happy!
Party Bruschetta 2 Ways
Tomato Bruschetta Ingredients
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 6 basil leaves chiffonade
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pesto Sausage Bruschetta Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pesto
- a few slices smoked sausage
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese provolone or asiago
- Italian Bread
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe dish.
- Cut tomatoes in half and sprinkle salt and pepper on the cut side. Place cut side down in the dish along with the garlic and thyme.
- Roast in oven for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool and meanwhile prepare the crostini.
- Slice the bread – about 3 slices per person.
- Brush the bread with olive oil.
- Place underneath the broiler for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, chop them and add basil.
- Mix well and let sit for 30 minutes to let the basil flavor infuse into the tomatoes.
- To make the bruschetta, place a little of the tomato topping on the crostini and serve.
- To make the pesto sausage bruschetta, brush the crostini with a little pesto.
- Add sausage and cheese on top,
- Put underneath the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese melts.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Have you been following along with me on Instagram as I show you Quick & Easy Recipes every Tuesday at 3pm EST?
Don’t forget to tag me @chefmireille #chefmireille so I can see your recreation of this delicious recipe!
ARE YOU EXCITED TO TRY THIS RECIPE? PLEASE HELP ME CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH DELICIOUS RECIPES BY SHARING IT AND SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS WITH INCLUDED LINKS!
PIN IT FOR LATER
DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY RECIPE INDEX WITH OVER 1000 INTERNATIONAL RECIPES FROM AROUND THE WORLD
DISCLAIMER: As an Amazon Associate affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases, at no extra cost to you. Other Affiliate links may also be included.