Last Updated on January 9, 2021 by Chef Mireille
MAKE BRUSCHETTA 2 WAYS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY With two toppings – one a delicious Basil Roasted Tomatoes and the other pesto, sausage and cheese will make everyone happy – both Vegetarians and Carnivores!
This post may include affiliate links.
Bruschetta is an Italian way of toasting bread usually in the oven, grill or skillet. The bread is brushed with olive oil, rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with salt and pepper and toasted on the grill or in the oven for a few minutes, until golden. This bruschetta can then be topped with many different things and is a common antipasto or appetizer served in many a restaurant and home.
Traditional Italian bruschetta is generally a tomato based topping. However, modern interpretations of bruschetta include just about anything on toasted slices of Italian crusty bread!
Bruschetta are great to serve for parties. You can make a selection of different toppings and then have a great variety of toppings to serve at your party.
Make sure to include both Vegetarian and non Vegetarian options to make everyone happy.
Are you planning a party soon? Check out my Party Planning Guide to help you make the event stress free!
What do you need to make Bruschetta 2 ways?
- Crusty Italian bread
- Basil Roasted Tomatoes
- Smoked Sausage
- Semi Hard or Hard Cheese – provolone, pepper jack, gouda, asiago, pecorino romano
Making the tomato topping will take the longest time, so start with that first. This Basil Roasted Tomato topping is not only great on crostini, but even great to toss with pasta for a light summer pasta.
Next you need to make the Crostini. What is crostini? A fancy word for toasted bread.
Basically, all you need to do is slice the bread. Brush it with olive oil. Toast it underneath the broiler for a few minutes, until golden brown.
Everything else is stuff you can get from the store, so then it’s just assembly!
These bruschetta are even great on their own for a light summer meal! Tomato Bruschetta & Pesto Sausage Bruschetta will make everyone happy!
Have you tried instacart yet? It’s how I get all of my fresh grocery items delivered within 2 hours!
Party Bruschetta 2 Ways
Tomato Bruschetta Ingredients
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sprigs of fresh thyme
- 6 basil leaves chiffonade
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Pesto Sausage Bruschetta Ingredients
- 1/2 cup pesto
- a few slices smoked sausage
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese provolone or asiago
- Italian Bread
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place the olive oil on the bottom of an oven safe dish.
- Cut tomatoes in half and sprinkle salt and pepper on the cut side. Place cut side down in the dish along with the garlic and thyme.
- Roast in oven for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool and meanwhile prepare the crostini.
- Slice the bread – about 3 slices per person.
- Brush the bread with olive oil.
- Place underneath the broiler for about 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, chop them and add basil.
- Mix well and let sit for 30 minutes to let the basil flavor infuse into the tomatoes.
- To make the bruschetta, place a little of the tomato topping on the crostini and serve.
- To make the pesto sausage bruschetta, brush the crostini with a little pesto.
- Add sausage and cheese on top,
- Put underneath the broiler for a few minutes, until the cheese melts.
You might also like
Delicious Grazing Table Ideas for Autumn with Luscious Pumpkin Dip – Perfect for Fall!
This Fall Charcuterie Board is full of Grazing Table Ideas for Autumn with both sweet…
Aruba Pastechi Tuna – How to make Tuna Pie (Air Fryer Method included)
Pastechi Tuna is Aruba’s versions of a Fried Empanada. However, with Aruba’s Dutch colonization, tuna…
Watermelon SalsaWatermelon Salsa is a fabulous salsa – fruity and spicy. Great on its own…
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Very interesting, spicy and yummy topping gourmet recipe. Perfectly done, dear..
My Monthly Event – Spotlight : "Healthy Snacks"
Wish i live near you.. Mindblowing and super flavourful bruschetta, just like i wish to eat sometime..Excellent!
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
I loved it. The tomato bruschetta is amazing.Basil pesto too.
I am hosting Bake Fest all through Sept ’12. Do send me your entries
I am also hosting Fast Food Not Fat Food 1st Sept to 15th Oct ’12. Do send me your entries
I usually buy Italian rustic bread for bruschetta….super Mir, I'll make bread next time. Looks so yummy.
I too have a bruschetta post scheduled next week! Although the sausage iss off limits, thepesto sure is doable. And, LOVeLY bread!
The tomato version sounds delicious.Bread looks great.Nice recipe Mireille..
Love this bruschetta..lot of different steps involved in the making, but the result is worth it.. Looks inviting..
Divya's Culinary Journey
Wow agree this is surely worth the wait!..love how well you have explained the recipe..
Very unique and awesome presentation
Beautiful bread, I love how versitile this recipe is.. great to see it on Food of the World.