Last Updated on July 22, 2021 by Chef Mireille
Persian Roast Chicken
Persian Roast Chicken makes an easy weeknight dinner. The traditional Advieh Rice Spice Mix used on chicken is so versatile!
Roast Chicken is one of the easiest things in the world to make and cooks pretty fast if you use chicken pieces, instead of the whole chicken and even faster is you use boneless pieces.
For optimal flavor, marinate overnight and then stick it in the oven and within an hour, you have dinner. The key to really delicious Roast Chicken is to have a fabulous marinade or spice blend.
Advieh Berenj is a traditional Persian Spice Mix, usually used on rice. However, it is so flavorful that I use it on just about anything!
Not only chicken, but this spice blend also works great on vegetables. I have used it with carrots, green beans and potatoes. It’s also delicious on lamb!
Of course, as delicious as this is, you will get sick of it if you eat it too often. Too much of anything is tiring.. Switch up your roast chicken by having different spice blends on hand. Here are some other spice blends you might want to try on your roast chicken recipes.
Spice Blend Recipes
- Indonesian Spice Blend
- French Caribbean style Curry Powder
- Berbere Spice Mix
- Raz el Hanout
- Piri Piri
- Darjeeling BBQ Dry Rub
- Ethiopian Berbere
and with the Raz el Hanout, you can make super easy Harissa Roast Chicken Recipe with just 4 ingredients this one will become a family favorite for sure!
Serve Persian Roast Chicken with Persian Spinach Polow.
Serve with Roasted Vegetables or a Green Salad for a carb free meal!
You can also cook this chicken on the grill and serve it up at summer barbecues!
Advieh Persian Roast Chicken is so quick and easy to put together!
How to Make Advieh Persian Roast Chicken
Persian Roast Chicken
- 1/2 cup advieh full recipe
- 3 lbs. chicken pieces
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- cilantro garnish, as desired
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, olive oil and salt. Add the Advieh spice mix and mix well.
- Add chicken pieces and toss well so that the chicken pieces are well coated with the marinade.
- This is a thick marinade and will just coat the chicken.
- Preheat oven to375 F.
- Spray a shallow casserole dish with non stick spray. Place chicken pieces in dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Flip chicken pieces and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Switch to broiler and broil for 5 minutes on each side.
- To serve, garnish with chopped cilantro.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
ARE YOU EXCITED TO TRY THIS RECIPE? PLEASE HELP ME CONTINUE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH DELICIOUS RECIPES BY SHARING IT AND SHOPPING FOR YOUR FAVORITE PRODUCTS WITH INCLUDED AFFILIATE LINKS!