Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Roasted Cauliflower Grape Salad has a little of everything – salty, smoky and sweet. Such a unique combination of ingredients creates a melodious harmony of flavor.
With summer approaching, comes the re-appearance of salad in every possible combination of ingredients. As I continue to discover Yotam Otollenghi with the I Heart Cooking Club, this cauliflower salad with grapes and cheese piqued my interest. So here’s my take on his salad recipe here. I only made a few minor adjustments based on what I had on hand – exchanging pine nuts for hazelnuts, red wine vinegar for sherry vinegar and cilantro for parsley.
Cauliflower is also considered as a poorly regarded step child. It’s always the last thing left on a crudite platter. Here are some other delicious ways you might want to try enjoying this delicious and healthy vegetable.
- Roasted Cauliflower Fattoush
- Gobi Pakora – Indian Gluten Free Fritters
- Cauliflower Tots
- Cauliflower Masala
- Bengali Cauliflower Yogurt Curry
- Kashmiri Fennel & Ginger Cauliflower
- Korean Cauliflower
Best eaten at room temperature.
This is a great combination of flavors – sweet, salty and smoky all at the same time! When eating healthy can be delicious, why would you not try it!!!
Roasted Cauliflower Grape Salad
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- 1/2 cup red grapes quartered or halved depending on the size
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Toss the cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Spread the cauliflower in a baking pan and cook for 25 minutes. Toss once halfway through cooking. Place in the broiler on high and broil for 4 minutes. Rotate pan and cook another 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, mustard, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Drizzle in the rest of the oil, while whisking constantly to form a combined salad dressing. Place raisins in the dressing and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other salad ingredients. Add raisins and salad dressing with the cauliflower. Toss well.
- Enjoy at room temperature!