Last Updated on May 12, 2022 by Britt Ervin
Mint Cooler with lime is a refreshing drink that’s perfect to combat the heat on hot summer days!
This easy summertime drink recipe is made with only 4 simple ingredients, including fresh mint and lime. Water is actually blended and infused with the mint leaves, so every sip is bright and flavorful. Enjoy chilled over ice for a delightful warm weather drink!
I created this Mint Cooler for the now defunct Blog Hop Wednesday, hosted by Tickling Palates, where I was paired with Surabhi. Joining a blog hop was a fun way to get to know other people in the food blogging world for more inspiration. In fact, I now host a similar event. If you are a food blogger interested in joining us, please join our group here.
Mint is one of my favorite herbs. I put it in lots of savory dishes as well as sweet ones, like in my Broiled Mango Parfait. I also use it when I make fresh lemonade and iced tea. It is so refreshing. When I saw this refreshing drink on her blog, I knew this is the recipe I was going to do. This reminds me of the Mint Iced Tea I get whenever I visit Yemen Cafe or the Moustache. Cool and refreshing…perfect for the summer season.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lime Mint Cooler is a quick and simple recipe with few ingredients. For this one, you will need:
- mint leaves
- cold water
For the mint, you will specifically want about 2 cups of packed leaves.
How to Make a Mint Cooler
- First, combine the mint and 3 cups of water together in a food processor, or blender, and combine together.
- Let the mixed mint and water sit for at least an hour to make sure that the water is properly infused with the mint.
- Strain mint and water to remove mint debris. You can strain as many times as you want to remove the extra leaves based on your preference.
- Add juice from the limes and sugar to the mint infused water.
Recipe Variations and Tips
Strain the mint leaves from the water as many times as you like. Sometimes I like to get out as much as possible, and other times I prefer to leave in some debris for extra freshness.
If you are feeling adventurous you can substitute normal water for sparkling water to add more refreshing crisp to your drink!
Or you could add in lemon and cucumber for an extra layer of flavor.
Mix in liquor to make a fabulous adult cocktail also…maybe with some Ouzo or rum? Leave a comment and let me know what creative cocktail you create using this cooler!
Before enjoying, make sure to chill and/or serve over ice for a crisp and refreshing drink! Perfect when paired with a hot summer day.
Because the water needs to sit and be infused with the mint for at least an hour anyway, this drink recipe is great to make ahead. Combine the ingredients and keep mint cooler in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Interested in more refreshing summertime drink ideas? Check these other recipes out!
- Caribbean Punch 2 Ways
- Rhubarb Lavendar Iced Tea
- Fresh Watermelon Margarita
- Passionfreuit Mojito
- Gelo di Melone – Sicilian Watermelon Jello
- 1 large bunch mint about 2 cups of firmly packed leaves
- 3 cups cold water
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine the mint and water in a food processor and blend well.
- Leave to sit for 1 hour so the mint can really infuse the water.
- Add lime juice and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Chill and serve or serve over ice.
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Ready to try this Mint Cooler – I would love to see your pics – Tag me with your images on Instagram @chefmireille #theschizochef #chefmireilleCheck out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#101