Last Updated on December 14, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Raisin Paneer Pulao – The perfect one pot dish for Meatless Monday!
The list for Blog Hop Wednesday came out late this month so with only a little over a week to do this recipe, while still completing my Blogging Marathon recipes, I needed a recipe that did not involve too much work and after all the cakes I baked for this week’s BM Cake Decorating theme, I did not need any more sweets in my house. I was thrilled when I was assigned Kalyani as a partner. As a fellow BM participant, I know her style of cooking well. No matter what I made from her blog, it would be something guilt free. Her blog is full of delicious looking & healthy vegetarian food. She is the perfect example of how healthy food can still be delicious and appetizing, as is clearly demonstrated in this Raisin Paneer Pulao.
After a few minutes perusing her blog, I had it down to two recipes – either her Raisin & Paneer Pulao or Green Peas Tikka. Although the tikka looks fabulous, I still had some leftover Mava Samosa which falls into the same snack food category, so I decided to do the Pulao as I had 1/2 package of paneer left in the fridge and after you open the package, it goes bad within a few days.
I added lots of different fresh vegetables to this pulao, however you can simplify the process by just adding a bag of mixed frozen vegetables or use whatever vegetables you happen to have in your refrigerator. This can be made with any variety of vegetables you prefer.
This #onepot #Vegetarian meal is perfect for #MeatlessMonday – protein, veg and carbs all in one pot!
Looking for more Paneer Recipes for Meatless Monday?
IN THE MAKING PHOTOS
The perfect one pot meal!
Raisin Paneer Pulao
- Masala Ingredients:
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ”piece of ginger
- 2 green chiles
- Pulao Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamom pods
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup sliced carrot
- ½ cup chopped cauliflower
- ¼ cup frozen green peas
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup paneer
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot. Add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add masala and fry until onions start to change color.
- Add onion, bell pepper, celery, carrot, cauliflower, green peas and rice. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add raisins, garam masala, salt and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add paneer and fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Add paneer to rice and adjust salt, if necessary. Stir to combine.