Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Pollo Boracha – Agentinian Drunken Chicken
Pollo Boracha – Agentinian Drunken Chicken stewed in wine and garlic is a delicious meal for dinnertime any day of the week.
I am so happy to be rejoining the Blogging Marathon group after a few months of hiatus. The theme of South & Central American foods I picked for this week is perfect since I just came back from Mexico two days ago. Stay tuned for some posts about my Mexican trip.
I am all about exploring the countries of South America this week. If you are looking for dessert ideas, be sure to check out Picarones – Peruvian Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Doughnuts and Sequilhos de Coco – Brazilian Gluten Free Coconut Cookies.
Today we have a simple but super flavorful chicken dish that is great to enjoy any day of the week!
With the salty and smoky flavors from the ham and capers, this is such a delicious chicken dinner!
Pollo Boracho – Argentinian Drunken Chicken
- 3 lbs. skinless chicken pieces on the bone drumsticks and/or thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ pound smoked ham cut into thin strips.
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander. Toss well. Leave for 15 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Add ham and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
- Add chicken on top.
- Sprinkle garlic on top.
- Add wine, stock and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
- Add capers and parsley. Stir to combine.
Don’t forget to check out some of my other South American recipes!
Ready to make Pollo Boracho – Argentinian Drunken Chicken ? – I would love to see your pics! Tag me on Instagram @chefmireille #theschizochef with your delicious photos!
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!