Last Updated on November 14, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Nutella Peach Cookies
These delicious cookies are a great way to utilize leftover fruit that are past it’s prime. Peaches, nectarines or apricots can also be used.
Food waste is one of the biggest problems in the world today. Some people waste it unnecessarily and others don’t have enough of it. In America, 40% of our food goes to waste every year.
These cookies are a great way to utilize an extra stone fruit you might have lying around that is past it’s prime for eating, but not for cooking with.
Peach, nectarine, apricot or even applesauce can be used.
Do you go peach picking in the summer? I often go to a local farm that allows you to pick your own fruit. That is how I came up with this recipe. I had a bunch of peaches I needed to use up that I had picked at the farm.
In fact, do you want to check out some of the other Peach Recipes I came up with!
These yummy cookies go perfect with a glass of milk. The peach flavor is gentle, in the background but adds a lightness to the cookies, both in texture and taste.
Nutella Peach Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peach puree 1-2 peaches peeled, pitted and pureed in blender
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Using an electric mixer, blend butter, both sugars, peach puree, Nutella, egg and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Sift flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add this to the wet mix and mix until well combined.
- Shape into a log and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Put in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- On a lightly floured board, place unwrapped log and cut into thin slices. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cookies set for 5 minutes before removing them from cookie sheet to cool.
The thinner you cut the cookies, the crispier they will be. For softer cookies, you can cut the slices thicker.
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!