Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
These burger buns serve as a great base for any sandwich. Since they are loaded with so much flavor, it brings any burger to the next level.
From Salmon Burgers to Chicken Burgers, virtually any savory filling can be stuffed inside this burger bun for one delish burger! Even just a cheese and tomato sandwich are awesome in them!
If you love the therapeutic process of bread baking, check out some of these other bread recipes!
IN THE MAKING
Not just burgers, but these buns have so much flavor, then can be even served on their own. Toast them and spread some soft butter on them to have with your morning coffee or tea. The flavor in the buns itself bring the flavor profile to the next level of anything you stuff inside of them.
Buttermilk Scallion Cheddar Buns
- Heat buttermilk, water and butter until the butter melts.
- In a shallow bowl, place sugar. Pour hot liquid over sugar and stir until sugar melts. Let liquid cool to 120 – 125 F.
- Sprinkle yeast on top and leave for 5 minutes until it turns foamy.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine flour, salt, scallions and cheese.
- Add yeast liquid and knead for about 10 minutes, adding an extra ½ cup of flour as necessary.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel. Leave it to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Spray with non stick spray.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Roll into 8 balls and flatten then a bit by pressing down.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rise for about 15 minutes, until they look almost doubled in size. Press down a little again with your hands. Leave to rise another 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.