Last Updated on May 7, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Chicken Zucchini Burger are a healthy packed full of flavor burger – a no guilt burger!
These burgers are great for so many reasons. Cooking them in the oven in a broiler pan drains out any excess fat, so it is quite a lean burger. Secondly, it is a great way to sneak some veggies into burgers if you’ve got some veggie hating kids about! Packed with so much flavor, it’s even great on its own with just a dab of ketchup – no bun necessary. However, if you just must have a bun try it on these Buttermilk Scallion Cheddar Buns. It just puts the burger over the top!Serve with a healthy salad for a yummy dinner.
I used a broiler pan to drain all the fat to keep this burger light and lean! However, if you don’t have one, just bake on a cookie sheet. Even without the broiler pan, this baked burger is still healthier than frying.
Try pairing this healthy burger with a healthy salad. Here are some suggestions!
IN THE MAKING
What I often do is quadruple the recipe and then individually wrap each burger in plastic wrap. Then when you’ve had a busy day and don’t know what to make for dinner, just defrost in the microwave and then cook with any method you prefer – bake, fry, grill. You have chicken burgers in no time at all!
Chicken Zucchini Burger
- In a food processor, process zucchini and olive oil until finely chopped.
- Combine all ingredients, except the buttermilk and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add salt and mix thoroughly. Although you can form the patties right away, it will be easier if you refrigerate the mix for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Form chicken mix into 7 burgers and place on tray.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Flip them over and place in the broiler.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes, until the burger has some char.