Last Updated on January 13, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Asparagus Pasta Salad – This 30 minute recipe is a great salad that can be eaten either warm or chilled. Using seasonal produce, it’s perfect for a quick spring or summer time meal!
In the summertime, I try to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. I usually do a lot of baked dishes, so I can just stick it in the oven and get out of the hot kitchen while it is cooking. This quick and easy pasta salad can be eaten either warm or chilled.
In the summertime, you can find corn in abundance at the farmer’s markets. Even though I used canned corn in this recipe, fresh sweet summer corn would make it even more flavorful.
It’s Blogging Marathon time again!!! The blogging event where I am constantly challenged, being forced to create recipes within a given theme. I can’t believe this is my 9th month participating…It has pumped so much energy and inspiration into the blog. Valli, our fearless host, has been creating some very challenging themes.
Please check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#19
This is an adapted recipe from one of the other BM participants – Harini. Recipes like this which I cook for myself I rarely post. However, since aspragus is one of my favorite veggies and this week’s BM theme is challenging as having to cook from fellow BM blog AND must fall within other BM #19 themes, I chose this simple asparagus dish. I did add a few more ingredients to make it into a 30 minute complete meal, as opposed to a side salad.
Do you like pasta as much as I do? I especially love to make pasta dishes in the summer. They are fast, easy and filling. Check out some of my other pasta dishes to make summertime dinner’s a breeze!
- Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Lemon Basil Tagiatelle with Okra
- Basil Cream Sauce with Vegetables
- Garlic Chickpea Pasta
- Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Asparagus Pesto Pasta with Butternut Squash
- Pasta Caruso
- Caribbean Almond Spaghetti
IN THE MAKING
Perfect for picnics!
Asparagus Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups pasta rotini, farfalle, etc.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 15 oz. canned corn
- 1 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese grated (optional)
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook pasta al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, let's prepare the vegetables.
- Cut off woody ends of asparagus. Cut into 1-inch pieces. Heat a pot of boiling water and add asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, chop the garlic and the bell pepper.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Saute bell pepper for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add corn and cook for another 2 minutes. Add blanched asparagus and pasta and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add juice from lemon, parsley, cheese (if using), salt and pepper and mix well.
- Garnish with more cheese if desired.