Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Chef Mireille
These Gluten Free Coconut Brownies made with almond flour are still super moist and fudgy. Whether you follow a gluten free diet or not, you will love these brownies.
I had some leftover young coconut meat after opening a can to make Javanese Rose Dawet and incorporated it into these tropical themed brownies with coconut, almond and mango flavors.
You can use whatever chocolate you have about. I used bits and pieces of various flavored chocolate to equal 7 1/2 oz. Some plain 85% cacao, some with mango and some with mint.
All the different kinds of flavored chocolate worked together. After all chocolate is chocolate and all chocolate lovers will love this rich, but light brownie. With just almond meal and coconut, this flourless gluten free brownie is super fudgy and light.
If you’re gluten free, try some of these other treats!
Gluten Free Recipes
It is important to let these cool completely before trying to remove from the pan or slice. Without the binding of flour, they will break apart if the proteins are not able to relax and seize.
I am so happy almonds are one of the nuts I am not allergic to and thoroughly enjoyed these brownies!
These brownies are moist and fudgy but with the crackly top of a perfect brownie!
Gluten Free Coconut Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 9×13 brownie pan with parchment paper. Spray with non stick spray. Sprinkle coconut meat in pan.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the butter, mango juice, espresso powder and almond essence.
- In a bowl, combine almond meal, coconut powder, baking powder and salt, Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well, until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool completely before removing from pan and slicing
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!