Last Updated on April 11, 2021 by Chef Mireille
Mexican style Fresh Mango Pudding is the easiest mango dessert ever with just 2 ingredients. This recipe takes just 10 minutes to put together. Then just chill and enjoy!
When mango season is on, this easy Mango Pudding is one of the quickest and most delicious mango desserts you can make.
This Mexican Mango Pudding is a delicious end to any meal, but don’t forget to check out my collection of over 20 Mexican Recipes to start at the beginning of the meal.
This post may include affiliate links.
If you’re not a baker and always struggling to figure out what to make for a dessert, here is the simplest dessert ever that no one could screw up! I saw this recipe once a few years ago and is the easiest recipe to remember, I did not even have to save it.
Mango Season is upon us so mangoes are everywhere. Now this is a Mexican recipe so it would normally be made with Mexican mangoes, however, you can easily adapt the recipe to different types of mangoes. In fact, I’ve made it twice – once with Mexican Mangoes and another time with Haitian mangoes. However, realize that not al mangoes are the same.
Some mangoes like Mexican Mangoes are very fleshy, while Haitian mangoes are more juicy. My family in Suriname has a mango plantation with over 30 different varieties. It’s amazing to see the differences in both size and texture. Depending on the size and texture of the mango, you will need to adjust the quantity of mangoes you are using in the recipe. When I made it with Mexican mangoes, I needed only 3 mangoes, however when made with Haitian mangoes, I needed to use 4.
If you go into Caribbean neighborhoods, you will find a great variety of mangoes including Mexican and Haitian as well as a great many mangoes ranging in size from those about the size of an apricot to large Mexican ones.
If you go ga-ga for mangoes as much as I do, check out some of my other recipes.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Sticky Rice & Mango
- Mango Papaya Jam
- Pistacchio Crusted Mango Rose Cake
- Mango Ketchup
- Smoked Paprika Mango Jicama Salad
- Mango Pomegranate Chicken Salad
- Mango Strawberry Lavender Jam
- Goi Berry Smoothie
- Mango Lassi
This chilled dessert is perfect for summer – Serve it as an alternative to ice cream!
…and if you’d like it to firm up even faster, you can also try making this easy Mango Pudding with frozen mango instead!
quick and easy – this should definitely be part of your recipe arsenal!
This Mexican Mango Pudding – is the easiest mango dessert ever – just 2 ingredients and 5 minutes to put together. This is a delicious kid friendly Summer Recipe.
Mexican Mango Pudding – Easiest Recipe with just 2 ingredients
- 3 Mexican mangoes or 4 Haitian mangoes
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- Peel the mangoes and slice the sides and chop coarsely and then remove as much of the flesh as possible from the pit. Place all the mango pieces in a food processor and puree in the food processor.
- Add the can of condensed milk and process for another 1-2 minutes until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a large dish, if it is to be served family style or pour into individual ramekins.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, but best if overnight.
- Serve, garnished with fresh mango, if desired.
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!