Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Coconut Corn Smoothie – This Malay style smoothie is a refreshing summertime treat.
Have you noticed the Chinese food theme this week. That’s because my Blogging Marathon theme is Chinese restaurant food based off of this list. While the Congee and Scallion Pancakes I made earlier this week were familiar to me, I have never before noticed a corn drink at Chinese restaurants, however I have had a Coconut Corn drink at my favorite Malaysian restaurant here in New York City, Nyonya. I therefore based this recipe off of the delicious drink I had there. Corn is really big in Southeast Asia. If you ever visit Thailand where I was earlier this year, you will notice corn in everything from drinks to desserts and savory foods. I hope you enjoy my version of the Asian Coconut Corn Smoothie.
Looking to explore some more Malay flavors – Check out these!
Puteri Ayu – Steamed Pandan Cake
Coconut Corn Smoothie
- 14 oz canned corn drained
- 13.5 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Remove 2 tablespoons of the corn and reserve for garnish.
- Combine the rest of the corn in a blender with the coconut milk, ice and sugar. Blend very well until smooth and creamy. I let my Ninja blender go for a full 5 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with the reserved corn kernels.