Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Classic Shrimp Scampi – This quick and easy shrimp dish is ready in just 10 minutes!
Are you a seafood lover? Then this quick and easy recipe with shrimp is going to be your go to summertime shrimp dish, if you’ve never tried it before!
Italian Cuisine and Italian American Cuisine are two different things and more often than not, something that we call Italian, Italians would wonder at in amazement. While this dish is on EVERY Italian restaurant menu in the US, in Italy Scampi refers to a type of shellfish that is halfway in between a shrimp and a lobster. These scampi shrimp are not available in the United States.
The simple garlic and lemon sauce that characterizes Shrimp Scampi is a standard sauce in Italy that is made with many varieties of shellfish, though the dish itself in Italy would be called Scampi alla Limone or something like that – definitely NOT Shrimp Scampi. It’s fast and easy – a perfect summertime recipe.
But before we get to today’s recipe, let’s check out some other quick and easy Shrimp recipes…
The perfect dish for Shrimp Lovers!
Classic Shrimp Scampi
- 12 oz. shelled shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup dry vermouth
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and continue to cook until the shrimp is cooked through. Remove the shrimp to a plate.
- Add vermouth, lemon zest and lemon juice to the skillet and boil for 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to the pan and add parsley. Toss to combine and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.