Last Updated on January 13, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Chocolate Chestnut Tea Cake is a delicious tea time cake made with chestnut cream, although nutella can be substituted.
As most of you know, I have an adventurous palate and always look for new ingredients to try. Hediard in Paris is a must stop for any foodie visiting Paris. Exotic produce, huge selection of varietal teas and spice/spice blends from all over the world – it’s a foodie’s paradise. Mango Vinegar and Chestnut Paste/Cream were two of the ingredients I picked up when I was there. I have used the mango vinegar in marinades, sauces and salad dressings. However, I have been stumped on how to utilize the chestnut paste and then I happened upon this delicious cake recipe and FINALLY, I would get to use my chestnut paste!
IN THE MAKING – HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHESTNUT TEA CAKE
A perfect tea time cake.
This cake is so soft and light – perfect with a cup of tea!
Chocolate Chestnut Tea Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and chestnut paste and beat well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients. Transfer to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.