Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Valentine’s Day Breakfast Frittata Muffins is a loving way to start the day on February 14th. Whenever people think of Valentine’s Day, it’s usually chocolate desserts. Between personal gifts and all the chocolate treats in your office lunch room, by the end of the day you are on chocolate overload. If you are like me who like chocolate but is not a die hard chocaholic, I avoid chocolate at all costs because I know somehow during the day it is going to find me. When I decided to take up the BM theme of Valentine’s Day treats, I decided to do what is not expected and make all non-chocolate Valentine’s Day treats.
First of all anything made with love, for me is a Valentine treat. Bake these Valentine’s Day Breakfast Frittata Muffins in a heart shaped muffin mold and you have the perfect Valentine’s Day Breakfast…baked with love. Finish the meal with baked Alexia Sweet Potato Fries, salad and fruit. Who wouldn’t feel loved waking up to this meal? If you’d prefer homemade Sweet Potato Fries, try this recipe here.
This is a great breakfast not just for Valentine’s Day, but for any day!
Eventhough Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, you probably have #SuperbowlSunday on your mind. Well these will work great for your Superbowl Party also. Here are some other ideas you can also serve during the Superbowl Mania:
Valentine's Day Breakfast Frittata Muffins
- 1 cup small diced peeled potatoes
- 8 eggs
- cup ¼heavy cream
- cup ¼milk
- teaspoon ½crushed red pepper
- teaspoon ¾salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 5 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 2 heart shaped muffin molds with non stick spray.
- In a pot of boiling water, add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, milk, pepper, salt and rosemary. Whisk well.
- Add bacon, potatoes and cheese to egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, mix to combine.
- Fill muffin molds about ¾ full. Transfer to oven and bake for 20 minutes.