Last Updated on November 14, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Strawberry Cream Scones
Strawberry Cream Scones are tender scones that are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Weekends will become better with scones!
Chocolate is the food most of us associate with Valentine’s Day and the fruit that is mostly associated with the holiday is strawberries. With both marscapone and heavy cream, these rich scones are another great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day in a non-chocolate way. I would not be disappointed in the least if I did not eat one piece of chocolate on Valentine’s Day. Instead, I would much prefer to wake up to these luxurious Strawberry Cream Scones, with the heady aroma of cardamom.
These scones are much softer, more tender and delicate than traditional scones. But that’s the point – to have illusions of luxury even if it’s just in a scone! Since they are so soft, it is important to let them cool completely before removing them from the pan.
For some more strawberry themed ideas to celebrate Valentine’s Day, try these!
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Wild Strawberry Gooseberry Rose Jam
- Strawberry Lamington’s
- Strawberry Basil Cremolata
- Strawberry Hibiscus Ice Cream
- Strawberry Rose Jam
Don’t forget the curd!
The classic accompaniments to scones are clotted cream, marmalade or jam and curd. Curd is super easy to make and nowadays there are many varietal flavors you make, in addition to the classic lemon curd.
Do brunch right this weekend!
Strawberry Cream Scones
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Spray a scone pan with non stick spray or a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cardamom and 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter and marscapone cheese until the size of small peas.
- Add the strawberries and mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Add the heavy cream and mix until just combined.
- Use your hands to knead for a minute.
- Fill 6 cavities of a scone pan with the dough.
- Alternately, on a lightly floured surface, pat the dough down with your hands until you have a circle about 1/2″ thick and using a biscuit cutter, cut out scones and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Are you ready to make Strawberry Cream Scones? I would love to see your pics! Tag me on Instagram with your delicious scone pics! @chefmireille #chefmireille #theschizochef
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#73