Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
It’s been a few months, but I am back to participating in Bread Bakers – a group of bread baking food bloggers. Pavani of Cook’s Hideout is hosting this month with the theme of healthy breads. For this month, I made a 100% whole grain sweet bread. It’s just barely sweet so perfect for breakfast; not the cloying sweetness of some sweet breads where they taste more like cake than bread. This Sweet Potato Millet Bread is perfect to start the day with, along with your morning cup of coffee
I baked it in small pans which is why my slices are so small, trying to exercise portion control. We’ll see if it works – 🙂 However, you can bake it in a regular loaf pan.
Check out the Healthy Breads that our fellow #BreadBakers have baked this month:
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Eggless Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker’s House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Crispbread (Oatmeal Knäckebröd) from Baking Sense
- Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha’s Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Bread with Honey from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].
Sweet Potato Millet Bread
- 2 cups millet flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cooked sweet potato mashed
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine millet flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, vanilla and honey. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add sweet potato and sugar. Whisk until smooth.
- Add half of the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely before slicing.