Last Updated on December 3, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Spicy Orange Chicken Wings & How to Video
This recipe is great for parties. At your next barbecue, make the chicken on the grill and then toss in the awesome Spicy Orange Sauce. It also makes a quick weeknight meal, ready in just 30 minutes!
Inspired by a recipe I saw in one of the Costco holiday magazines, I made a few changes with what I had on hand to create my version of this Spicy Orange Chicken.
What’s great is the sauce is made separately, so if you are having a party with Vegetarians, you can make a big batch of the sauce. You can then toss with different proteins. Besides Chicken, you can offer Spicy Orange Tofu, Mushrooms, Paneer, Shrimp…You’ve now made 5 dishes with one sauce. Just fry, grill or roast the proteins and then toss each one separately with a portion of the sauce.
Here are some other Chicken Dishes that you might enjoy!
- Basque Stewed Chicken
- Chicken & Mushrooms in Black Bean Sauce
- Tellicherry Pepper Chicken
- Cantaloupe BBQ Chicken
- Xin Xin de Galinha – Brazilian Peanut Chicken
With Super Bowl coming up soon, this is a great snack to serve at your Super Bowl party, a welcome change to the traditional Buffalo wings – these are spicy and sweet at the same time!
With these succulent wings, you won’t be able to stop at just one!
Since the chicken is baked and not fried, you don’t have to feel too guilty when you keep on munching on these delicious wings!
Spicy Orange Chicken Wings
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spray with non stick spray.
- Toss chicken with oil. Then toss chicken with flour.
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip chicken pieces and then bake another 15 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, let’s make the sauce.
- In a saucepan combine orange zest, orange juice, garlic, sugar, honey and Sriracha. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine tapioca and 3 teaspoons water. Whisk to combine. Add to sauce and cook for 1 more minute.
- Transfer chicken wings to a bowl. Pour sauce over the chicken and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
This post may include affiliate links.