Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Spiced Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies – These eggless spiced up cookies are wonderful for the holiday season and go wonderfully well with a glass of eggnog or hot apple cider.
For these cookies, I used a dark chocolate chili flavored bar. The quantity of flavored chocolates in the markets have been growing so much in recent years and many brands have chili flavored chocolate bars. If you cannot locate a chili flavored bar, just add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the recipe below.
However, there are a lot of abuses in the chocolate industry – both environmental and labor abuses. There are many companies that use child labor and/or slave labor. Additionally, the palm oil harvest that is used in chocolate production is pushing the orangutan’s towards extinction in Southeast Asia. To purchase chocolate from ethical suppliers, you should always purchase fair trade chocolate brands.
As it’s holiday season, there is always the need to have sweet stuff around, when unexpected guests stop by. Here are some more cookies and holiday desserts you might like to try.
Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Fiorentini – Gluten Free Chocolate Cookies
- Paperenjaci – Croatian Spice Cookies
- Sandbakkels – Norwegian Cookie Cups
- Almond Spritz
- Uppakra – Swedish Potato Cookies
- Italian Orange Cake
- Caribbean Sweet Bread
- Coconut Bread Pudding
- Cornmeal Pudding
- Pistacchio Crusted Rose Mango Cake
- Lemon Lavender Tea Cake
IN THE MAKING – HOW TO MAKE SPICED CHOCOLATE BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES
These cookies are perfect for snack time…
milk and cookie time…
really any time!!!
…a wonderful way to treat yourself when coming in from the cold temperatures outside…
Spiced Chocolate Butterscotch Cookies
- Preheaat oven to 375 F. Place parchment paper on cookie sheets. Spray with non stick spray.
- Combine flour, espresso powder, baking powder, salt and ginger. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until creamy. Add the yogurt and chocolate and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the chips and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Using a tablespooon for each cookie, form into round balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet. With your finger, press down in the center of each ball to make an indentation. Sprinkle a little of the coconut in each indent.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on middle rack of oven, until cookies are set. After 2 minutes, remove to a cooling rack and leave cookies to cool.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!