Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Pumpkin Pork Chops is a delicious dinnertime recipe with multi layered flavors. Made with a pumpkin jam and caramelized onions, it has a complex flavor profile.
Why do so many people love Thai food? Because it’s got a little bit of everything – a little salty, a little sweet, a little spicy, a little pungent, etc. so why don’t we adapt these multi layered flavors to other cuisines. Why must Thai’s be the only one to enjoy good food? In these Pumpkin Pork Chops, sweetness is added by using homemade Pumpkin Jam. I promise you they are not to be missed!
Ever since I made this Pumpkin Jam a few years ago, it’s been one of my most popular jams. I usually make a few jars around the holiday time to give away as gifts and I now get many requests for this jam. But jam doesn’t just have to be for toast. It can also compliment savory dishes very well.
With a little sweetness and herbaceousness added, these savory Pumpkin Pork Chops has more than the one note often found in standard American cuisines. Instead, it has the multi layered flavor profile common in Asian cuisines.
Don’t forget to check here to get the Pumpkin Jam recipe first!
Pumpkin Pork Chops
- Caramelized Onions Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- Pork Chops Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon herbs de provence
- ¼ cup pumpkin jam
- 2 lbs. pork chops in 1” thick pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- First make the caramelized onions.
- Combine 3 tablespoons oil and onion in a skillet. Cook on medium low heat, stirring often, until golden brown – about 10 minutes,
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together olive oil, herbs de provence and pumpkin jam.
- Sprinkle pork jobs liberally with salt and pepper.
- Toss pork chops with the marinade and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle caramelized onions on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
DO YOU YUM? SAVE IT BELOW!Yum
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!