Blogging Marathon #29
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes
With over 200 recipes on my Pinterest Board : Recipes I Want To Try, I went straight there when I chose the Bookmarked Recipes BM theme.
This is one of the easiest soup recipes ever. Stick everything in a blender and then heat. It’s ease is what made my decision to try this recipe first. You can be sitting down, enjoying this protein and vegetable packed soup in 20 minutes. Using coconut milk, this creamy soup is dairy free so appropriate for those who are lactose intolerant.
2 15.5 oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups water
1 bouillon cube
4 cups kale leaves, coarsely chopped, firmly packed
2 cloves garlic
2 13.5 oz. cans coconut milk
2 tablespoons curry powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
garam masala (optional)
Combine all ingredients except the garam masala in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
Transfer to a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
To serve, sprinkle garam masala on top.
Kale Chickpea Soup
- 2 15.5 oz. cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 bouillon cube
- 4 cups kale leaves coarsely chopped, firmly packed
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kale Soup 2 13.5 oz. cans coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- garam masala optional
- Combine all ingredients except the garam masala in a blender and puree until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle garam masala on top.