Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Goji Berry Smoothie – Full of antioxidant power – this is a filling and healthy Vegan way to start the day.
Every few years a new superfood fad comes around and we learn of the amazing health benefits and all of a sudden, they can be found in every market and gourmet restaurants are including these products in everything from salads to muffins.
10 years ago, you would have to go to a gourmet market to find even one brand that produced pomegranate juice and now even in ordinary supermarkets and corner stores, you can find several varieties.
After pomegranate, the next fad was goji berries and then acai and now it is chia seeds. As each new fad comes about, people have the tendency to stop consuming the first one to get on the new fad bandwagon. However, you should try to include all these in your diet as much as possible as they ALL have amazing health benefits.
After watching Dr. Oz several ago where he suggested putting Goji Berries in smoothies, it has become a standard for me. Full of antioxidant power, it multiplies the health benefits of your breakfast smoothie.
Looking for some other Smoothie Recipes to start your day right?
Colorful and inviting – who can resist?
Goji Berry Smoothie
- 3 very ripe bananas broken into a few pieces
- 10 oz. package frozen mango slightly defrosted
- 1/4 cup dried Goji Berries plus more for garnish
- 1 cup coconut water
- a few tablespoons of honey optional
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix well.
- I use very ripe bananas so there is no need to add any additional sweetener to the natural sweetness from the fruit. However, if your bananas are not as ripe, you may feel the need to add the honey.
- Serve immediately.