Last Updated on June 3, 2015 by Chef Mireille
There is a great store in Chinatown where you can purchase every type of dried and preserved fruits, vegetables and seafood. The varieties are endless. After a visit there, I added some less common dried fruits to this salad which created a great variety of tastes and textures.
- 15.5 oz. canned corn, drained
- 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Persian cucumbers, sliced into half moons
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 oz. dried cantaloupe, chopped
- 1 oz. dried green guava, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
Grab a fork and enjoy!!!
Sweet and savory tastes – soft and firm textures – it’s a well balanced salad.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? LEAVE A COMMENT..I LIVE FOR THEM!