Last Updated on November 19, 2019 by Chef Mireille
This takes the classic UK style Bread and Butter Pudding and pushes all the boundaries by adding dark chocolate for an intense experience that goes fabulous with any hot toddy. This Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding brings this dessert into realms of decadence that will leave you speechless!
Do you love bread pudding?
Then you’ll love this Chocolate Bread and Butter Pudding. It’s a traditional British style Bread Pudding recipe that takes your favorite dessert to the next level with rich chocolate flavor. You can serve it warm or cold, but either way it will be delicious!
This is one of those recipes that never goes out of style and once tried, will automatically become a family fave! So why not try something new today? You won’t regret trying this scrumptious treat! And don’t forget to add some ice cream for an even more decadent experience. YUM!
This post may include affiliate links.
Bread Pudding is one of my all time favorite desserts and I think just about every country in the world has a version of it – just like Rice Pudding!
I’ve already presented the Caribbean Coconut Bread Pudding here and NOLA style New Orleans Bourbon Bread Pudding here. I’ve even presented a savory version of bread pudding here! Now it’s time to cross the pond over to the UK!
Bread & Butter Pudding is a little different in that slices of buttered bread are layered into a casserole dish before the custard mix is poured over.
I took the classic UK dessert to the next level by adding chocolate into it.
Garnish with some powdered sugar and serve with some vanilla ice cream to really make it even more spectacular than it already is!
Every bite will have you craving more!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE BREAD & BUTTER PUDDING
Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cut the bread slices in half and spread with butter.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- In a square casserole dish, place half of the bread slices, buttered side up.
- Sprinkle the top liberally with half of the cinnamon sugar and melted chocolate.
- Add the remaining bread slices on top.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar and melted chocolate.
- In a saucepan, combine the milk and cream until warm, but not boiling.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs until light and airy. Add vanilla extract and beat well.
- Slowly add the heated milk to the eggs, while whisking constantly to avoid the eggs cooking.
- Pour this custard mix over the prepared bread in the casserole dish. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, press down on the bread slices so that the liquid will rise to cover the bread slices. Let it sit for another 5 minutes.
- Bake in prepared oven for 40 minutes.
Are you also a bread pudding fanatic? Then this has to be your next TO TRY recipe!
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!