Last Updated on May 20, 2015 by Chef Mireille
I love all types of seafood and especially shrimp. Grilled, sauteed or even just steamed, I could eat shrimp every day, although my cholesterol level would start to suffer.
Don’t forget to Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13 )
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and cleaned (if you’re vegetarian, substitute tofu or paneer)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 stalks lemongrass, pounded and chopped (it is important to crush the lemongrass with a mallet to release the flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- sugar snap peas, tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- bell pepper,cut into large pieces and tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- grape tomatoes, tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- soaked wooden or bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 2 hours)
In a bowl, combine shrimp, lemongrass, ginger,
mint leaves and soy sauce. Stir to combine and put in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Make kebabs by placing an assortment of vegetables and shrimp on each skewer.
Heat a grill pan and brush with olive oil. Place skewers on heated grill pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with Mango Achar (adapted from Malaysian Pineapple Achar recipe from Authentic Recipes from Malaysia)
- 1 cup Mango, chopped small
- 1 chile, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, before serving.
This delicious recipe was also submitted to Kebab Mela
This dish look tasty, will try it for dinner!
That's surely a nice way to grill..looks good..love those cherry tomatoes..
I have book marked the marinade ingredients and will surely make this veg!!..and very soon:)..thanx…n I like the mango part too:))
The Pumpkin Farm
lovely kabab, especially love the instant mango achaar
delicous shrimp kebabs! they are surely tempting!
OnGoing Event:Show Me Your HITS~Healthy Delights
Awesome recipe dear. Bookmarked
Looks yummy. Love to sink my teeth in these. I cook veg but love non veg. Can just eat
Kebabs look very delicious.. Thanks for sharing the recipe
Hi there. It would be great if you linked this in to Food on Friday: Prawns and shrimp. This is the link . Have a good week.
PS I am following you now. If you like Carole's Chatter it would be great if you followed me back.