Last Updated on May 20, 2015 by Chef Mireille
I love all types of seafood and especially shrimp. Grilled, sauteed or even just steamed, I could eat shrimp every day, although my cholesterol level would start to suffer.
Don’t forget to Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 13 )
- 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and cleaned (if you’re vegetarian, substitute tofu or paneer)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 stalks lemongrass, pounded and chopped (it is important to crush the lemongrass with a mallet to release the flavor)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint leaves
- sugar snap peas, tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- bell pepper,cut into large pieces and tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- grape tomatoes, tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
- soaked wooden or bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 2 hours)
In a bowl, combine shrimp, lemongrass, ginger,
mint leaves and soy sauce. Stir to combine and put in refrigerator to marinate for 2 hours.
Remove shrimp from marinade. Season with a little salt and pepper.
Make kebabs by placing an assortment of vegetables and shrimp on each skewer.
Heat a grill pan and brush with olive oil. Place skewers on heated grill pan and cook for a few minutes on each side until shrimp is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
Serve with Mango Achar (adapted from Malaysian Pineapple Achar recipe from Authentic Recipes from Malaysia)
- 1 cup Mango, chopped small
- 1 chile, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour, before serving.
This delicious recipe was also submitted to Kebab Mela