Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Chef Mireille
This past summer I worked as a demonstration chef for the US distributor of Tastes of Asia products at the annual Fancy Food Show. Among its many ready to eat products, Tastes of Asia also produces wok ready noodles. No need to boil. All you need to do is add the noodles to a wok with a touch of oil and noodles are ready in just a handful of minutes. Although we weren’t sampling the konjac noodle product at the show, I learned a lot about it as I had to discuss the main talking points to possible retailers who were visiting our booth. The distributor let me come home with a package so I can try the noodles myself.
Konjac is a Chinese root vegetable. Tastes of Asia cuts the Konjac noodles into different pasta shapes – i.e. linguine, fettucini, etc. Just pick your favorite cut and these noodles can be incorporated into Asian stir fries or Italian style pasta dishes, as I did here. Konjac noodles are 100% #glutenfree high fiber and low calorie with only 8 calories per serving. These #lowcarb noodles are perfect to help you keep in shape or take off the winter pounds put on.
The noodles come in a brine that serves as a preservative. Give the noodles a quick rinse before adding to the wok.
Vegetable Konjac Linguine
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 thinly sliced leek, white part only
- 2 cups trimmed and halved green beans
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 8.8 oz. package konjac noodles
- 1 15.25 oz. canned corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt, to taste
Heat oil in a wok. Add leek, green beans and broccoli. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add Konjac noodles and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes and corn. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
This is healthy and delicious. You won’t feel weighed down and lethargic as is often the case when eating a big bowl of pasta.
These Konjac noodles are so adaptable so any flavor profile you want to add to them.
Vegetable Konjac Linguine #GlutenFree
- Heat oil in a wok. Add leek, green beans and broccoli. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add Konjac noodles and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes and corn. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.