Last Updated on November 19, 2021 by Chef Mireille
Sujeonggwa is a traditional Korean beverage made with cinnamon, ginger and dried persimmons. It’s great hot or cold and can be enjoyed any time of day! You might not have heard of it before but we think you’ll love it. We know that once you taste this delicious drink, you are going to love it.
In Korean cuisine, rather than cakes, cookies and pies, the most common desserts are dessert teas. Essentially they are herbal drinks infused with spices and usually include some kind of fruit.
This Korean Punch is very addictive – It is so delicious!
Don’t be alarmed by the amount of ginger in this recipe – It blends wonderful with the other ingredients and does not overpower the drink.
This post may include affiliate links.
Although you might not have known its name, this Korean Cinnamon Tea is often served at Korean Barbecue Restaurants at the end of the meal because it includes healthy ingredients like the cinnamon and ginger, which aid in digestion.
Sujeonggwa is the best way to end the meal!
Korean Cinnamon Ginger Tea
- 6 dried persimmon
- 6 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup ginger sliced
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 10 pine nuts garnish
- Place the sliced ginger into a large pot with the cinnamon sticks and the water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the flame and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Strain ginger and cinnamon sticks.
- Add sugar to liquid and stir to combine.
- Remove center stem from persimmons and place in a large container. Add sweetened liquid and place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- To serve, pour liquid in a glass with ice.
- Place one dried persimmon in each glass and garnish with a few pine nuts.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Leave a Reply