Last Updated on January 12, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Spiced Duck & Vegetable Stir Fry is a quick recipe. Easy dinner within a 1/2 hour.
This is the very first duck recipe I’ve posted. However, I like duck a lot. Duck a l’Orange is probably the most popular duck recipe internationally. Except for once when I was in culinary school, that is not the most common duck preparation in my mind. Duck Curry is one of the most popular curries in the Caribbean. When I think of duck, I first think of Caribbean curries and secondly, think of Chinese roast duck.
Duck has a very thick layer of skin. If you do not know how to render it correctly, your food can end up very fatty and greasy. This recipe is an easy introduction to duck because it only uses the duck breast, without having to worry about rendering the fat from the skin.
IN THE MAKING – HOW TO MAKE SPICED DUCK & VEGETABLE STIR FRY
To serve, garnish with sesame seeds.
I served it with green tea noodles.
Spiced Duck & Vegetable Stir Fry
- 8 oz. boneless duck breast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five spice powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shitake mushrooms
- 2 thinly sliced celery stalks
- 1 pear peeled, cored and diced
- 1 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts drained
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups thinly sliced bok choy
- 2 cups bean sprouts.
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Remove the skin from the duck and discard. Thinly sliced the duck. Sprinkle with the 5 spice powder and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in a wok or a large skillet. Add duck and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add onion, mushrooms and celery. Stir fry until vegetables soften and start to change color, about 3-5 minutes. Add pear, water chestnuts and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Stir to combine. It will take about 1 minute for the sauce to come to a boil.
- Add bok choy and bean sprouts. Cook on high until bok choy wilts, about 2 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with sesame seeds.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE!
…linking to Valli’s Cookbook Cooking Challenge