Last Updated on December 16, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Sesame Peanut Noodles can be eaten at room temperature or chilled. It’s the perfect salad to bring to summer picnics.
Another recipe for the I Heart Cooking Club from Nigella Express. This book is full of super quick recipes. Thank God for scanners so I was able to return it to the library without having to pay overdue fines while I try all the recipes I want to. Nigella Lawson is one of my favorite celebrity chefs and this recipe did not disappoint. I have since made this recipe many times and it is an instant crowd pleaser.
Bring it to your next potluck party or barbecue and everyone will be asking you for the recipe.
The original recipe used creamy peanut butter, but I like the textural variety of crunchy style peanut butter.
Here are some other options to bring on your summer picnic.
IN THE MAKING:
OMG – the flavors in this are amazing – sweet, salty and spicy. If you prefer it less spicy, you can omit the chili oil. It can be eaten, warm, at room temperature or chilled. A great option for summer barbecue’s.
Sesame Peanut Noodles
- Noodle Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Asian noodles cooked
- 2 cups beans sprouts rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas about 6 oz., trimmed and cut in half
- 2 scallions finely sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil optional
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter crunchy
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Place the bean sprouts, snow peas and scallions in a bowl. Add noodles and toss.
- Add dressing and toss until the noodles are thoroughly coated.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Do you know anyone else who likes learning about international food, culture, history and travel? Bring them over here to join the party! Don’t forget to use those share buttons!
Start Here to find out how the Schizo Chef can help you with your cooking, travel and other needs!
If you like this recipe, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A COMMENT!