Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Instant Spinach Aioli is an all purpose condiment that has so many uses. It can be used as a dip for fried foods or chips, as a delicious sauce to pour over roasted meat or vegetables and even as a sandwich spread. You can also use it as a salad dressing.
What is an aioli?
An aioli (ay-oh-lee) is basically mayonnaise flavored with garlic, salt and pepper. Basically it’s a fancy word for a dip! Most aioili recipes involve making the mayonnaise yourself by beating oil and eggs together. In this instant version, the aioli is made super quick by using store bought olive oil mayonnaise. I’ve made Spicy Corn Aioli before.
With this easy aioli recipe, you can adapt it to make so many varieties. Instead of spinach, roast some garlic with broccoli, cauliflower or carrots. Then process it with the mayonnaise. You can also process the mayonnaise with some canned artichoke hearts or defrosted frozen green peas. These are just a few ideas, but the possibilities are endless!
This Spinach Dip goes well with so many foods. Here are some ideas to serve with this Instant Spinach Aioli.
Recipe Ideas with Instant Spinach Dip
- Kenyan Potato Bhajia
- Broccoli Quinoa Fritters
- Panelle – Sicilian Chickpea Fritters
- Chicken Pakora
- Chicken Zucchini Burgers
- Herb Butter Roasted Asparagus
It’s also delicious as a dip with chips or crudite veggies!
Enjoy it as part of a light summer meal over some Roasted Salmon with Carrot Mung Bean Salad!
Spinach Dip – Spinach Aioli
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add spinach and cook for about 1/2 minute until leaves wilt.
- Drain immediately and run with cold water.
- Once cooled, squeeze out all the excess water.
- In a food processor, combine spinach, garlic, mayonnaise, pepper and salt. Process until thoroughly combined.
- To serve, garnish with paprika.
Don’t forget to visit the RECIPE INDEX with over 1000 recipes from around the world including lots of Vegetarian Recipes and Gluten Free Recipes!