Last Updated on January 12, 2020 by Chef Mireille
Green Coconut Chutney is perfect to enjoy with your favorite roti. It’s also great inside of wraps.
Are you excited to try the Dashmi Roti I posted yesterday? If so, I have this fabulous chutney you can have it with. Not only with Indian roti’s, but this also works great inside a wrap. Check out this Tandoori Paneer Wrap where I slathered some of this chunkychutney inside. It’s a great summertime lunch!
I have previously posted a Coconut Chutney here when I was exploring the cuisine of Karnataka. Today, this green version of Coconut Chutney is representing the cuisine of Maharashtra. While Maharashtra is hardly the only state to have a green coconut chutney, it’s a delicious addition to any Maharashtrian meal.
…but before we get to this chutney, let’s take a look at some other chutney recipes that can compliment any Indian chaat (snack)…
You can make it with or without the tadka seasoning on top. Either way, it is delicious!
Now with the tadka seasoning!
Green Coconut Chutney
- In a food processor, combine coconut, chiles, curry leaves, cilantro, galic, sugar and salt. Process until coarsely chopped. Add water and blend until smooth.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add asoefetedia and mustard seed.
- When the mustard seed stops popping, add cumin seed and curry leaves. Fry until cumin seed changes color.
- To serve, transfer chutney from food processor into a bowl. Pour the tadka on top.
- Enjoy with your favorite roti.
Want to learn more about the cuisine of Maharashtra and specifically the Mumbai food culture – Check out this post here!