Last Updated on May 20, 2020 by Chef Mireille
I have been seeing recipes for Cauliflower Crust Pizza for a few years now and it has been on my to do list for a long time. I finally tried it. After looking at several recipes, I used this one which does not have any grain at all. While I did like the pizza, I felt the crust was too soft. It did not have the bite of a good pizza crust. Next time I try this, I would definitely add some grain. I think rice flour would be a good choice because it will have a nice crunch and still remain a #glutenfree pizza crust.
I am still presenting this version for those who like a soft crust pizza. You can add any toppings you desire as you would a regular pizza.I like putting my toppings under the cheese, but that is a personal preference. The cheese seals them underneath so that they never fall off. You can put the toppings on top of the cheese which is more traditional, if you prefer.
I still enjoyed this pizza so much, despite the soft crust. Delicious, gluten free vegetable based pizza – great healthier alternative!
Are you watching your carb intake? Then this is a must try pizza for you!
This is part of the Bake-a-thon 2016
[inlinkz_linkup id=680533 mode=1]
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 1 small head cauliflower coarsely chopped
- cup ¼grated Asiago Parmesan or any dry aged cheese can be used
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Topping Ingredients:
- Marinara sauce
- grated mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced zucchini
- Thinly sliced chicken sausage
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Place a cookie sheet or pizza stone in the oven.
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until you have a powdery almost snow like consistency, about 30 pulses. You should have about 3 cups of cauliflower snow.
- Transfer to a shallow bowl and microwave for 4 minutes, stirring half way through.
- As soon as it is cool enough to handle, transfer to a clean tea towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out all of the liquid.
- In a bowl, combine cauliflower with cheeses, salt and herbs. Mix well by hand until it comes together.
- On a pizza peel or cutting board, place a piece of parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. Using your hands, spread the cauliflower mixture, until you have a thin round circle about 10”.
- Slide onto the pizza stone or cookie sheet inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges.
- Now add your sauce and toppings as desired. I used zucchini and chicken sausage.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.