Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
What’s one of the best things about the holiday season? Candy Canes. All of a sudden bowls of candy canes are in the office where you work. Go to the bank and they are greeting you with candy cane presents. They come in many different flavors now, but my favorite are still the originals. You can keep the tropical and berry flavored ones and I’ll take the traditional peppermint. Mint and chocolate are one of my favorite combinations. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip and my favorite candy since I was in high school are Andes’ Creme de Menthe – mint filling sandwiched between two pieces of chocolate. So I decided to try this perfect marriage of flavors in a brownie. If you like mint and chocolate together as much as I, you are going to love these fudge Candy Cane Brownies.
I ground the candy canes using a coffee/spice grinder. However, if you prefer to leave them more coarse, you can just pulse them in a food processor.
These brownies are super soft and fudgy with that perfect marriage of chocolate and mint…who can resist?
Candy Cane Brownies
Candy Cane Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a square baking dish with non stick spray. Line with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend well.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat well. Add chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Add flour until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to prepared baking pan. Sprinkle candy cane crush on top. Bake for 50-60 minutes, until brownies have set and toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely before inverting the pan onto a cutting board. Peel off parchment paper. Flip over.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Omg, mindblowing candy cane brownies. I just want to enjoy this ultimate brownies.
Candy cane in brownies sounds interesting and irresistible brownies
Such a nice combination, love those brownies.
Perfect dessert for winter weather !!
Candy cane brownies looks very delicious. Perfectly made.
Your brownies look so fudgey and delicious. Love the addition of candy cane in there.
Wow those brownies have turned out so good!..must try for sure..
thanks – yes they came out super moist
Fudgy brownies, must be yumm with candy cane flavor!!!
yes perfect combo of chocolate and minty flavors