Last Updated on April 3, 2021 by Chef Mireille
Healthy Spinach Biscuits are both delicious biscuits and a good source of iron and calcium.
These delicious biscuits are a good accompaniment to soups and salads or with your morning eggs.
Green leaf vegetables are a good source of calcium and iron. Of all green leaf vegetables, spinach is the most user friendly vegetable.
The slight sweet taste of the vegetable makes it both versatile and tasty in all sorts of recipes. This is why of all vegetables, spinach is the most common used in smoothies.
Other green leaf vegetables would cause the smoothies to have a bitter taste.
These moist spinach biscuits are perfect with soup, salad or with scrambled eggs, for breakfast.
Healthy Spinach Biscuits
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups spinach coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese grated
- In a skillet, heat oil. Add jalapeno and garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add spinach, oregano and thyme. Cook for another minute until spinach is wilted. Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray a mini muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and buttermilk and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix well. Add milk and beat well, until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in cooked spinach and cheese and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Fill muffin tin 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!
Nice way to make kids eat spinach
Healthy and delicious biscuits..
Divya's Culinary Journey
Very healthy and crunchy biscuit..
I dont bother to munch some, fantastic and best way to sneak this greens.
these looks interesting… you come up with very innovative recipes..
must have tasted wonderful..with all the goodness of spinach and cheese…
Delicious looking biscuits. Love the addition of spinach and having with scrambled eggs sounds perfect.
Never think biscuit and spinach together… Awesome Invention
ONGOING EVENT- "JASHN-E-AZAADI"
Preeti's Kitchen Life
Preeti's Kitchen Menu
Oh those biscuits look different!..very healthy as well..
very healthy and a good one.., as it is baked too..
The Pumpkin Farm
i expected cookie like crunchy things…but looking at the pics, i feel this is what i should have got for the recipe…very nice
nice one. haven't tasted a spinach cookie before but it sounds like a healthy cousin of our deep fried vada.
These biscuits look great
that is a neat idea!