Last Updated on November 19, 2019 by Chef Mireille
Classic Blueberry Crisp
Classic Blueberry Crisp is a classic American dessert that is quick and simple to make. So versatile, it can be enjoyed warm or chilled.
A crisp is such a simple dessert. It is a classic American dessert, with the most popular varieties being Apple Crisp or Blueberry Crisp.
All it takes is some fruit, topped with an oatmeal crumble. Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and it’s a great dessert. It is also very versatile, as it can be served warm or chilled.
I love to enjoy it warm, when the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream just melts into the warm fruit and the crumble adds textural variety.
Do you have a party to plan soon? A great idea for parties is to serve this classic American dessert in individual ramekins. You can purchase disposable ramekins if you need to make a large quantity for a crowd.
Although I usually focus on international foods, there are some classic American foods I have presented. Here are some others you might like to try.
Classic American Recipes
- Blueberry Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Hush Puppies
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Applesauce Cake
- New England Clam Chowder
- New Orleans Bread Pudding
- Fried Okra
- Strawberry Shortcake
Now that it is berry season and berries are everywhere, don’t you think you should try some Classic Blueberry Crisp this week!
Classic Blueberry Crisp
- 2 cups blueberries
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
Oat Crumble Ingredients:
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 4 ramekins with non stick spray or lightly brush with butter.
- In a bowl, combine blueberries, cinnamon, lemon juice, cornstarch and water. Stir to combine. Leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, prepare crumble by combining oats, salt, flour, sugar and butter. Mix until ingredients are well combined. It is easier to do this by hand.
- Divide the blueberries between the 4 ramekins.
- Divide the crumble between the 4 ramekins and spread on top of the blueberries.
- Place ramekins on a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until the fruit is bubbly.
- To make the whipped cream, combine heavy cream and powdered sugar in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until thickened and whipped cream consistency.
SHARE THIS DELICIOUS RECIPE WITH YOUR FOODIE FRIENDS
Need more culinary inspiration? Check out the Recipe Index with over 1500 Recipes from Around the World with lots of Vegetarian 🥕🍆🍅and Gluten Free Recipes!Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#103