Last Updated on November 13, 2019 by Chef Mireille
The original intention was to use banana, but then a late night mishap had me searching the house for what other fruit I could use instead. I had a container of jackfruit I had purchased in Chinatown…perfect! Cleaning jackfruit is a laborious task, but if you live near a Chinatown you can usually purchase containers already cleaned and sometimes deseeded for you. Ah…convenience. If you’ve never tasted jackfruit before, it has a taste similar to mango.
Jackfruit Honey Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped jackfruit
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
In a large bowl, mix bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt and honey. Beat well until thoroughly combined.
In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add to wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in jackfruit. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 1 hour until tester inserted comes out clean.
Jackfruit Honey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt and honey. Beat well until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix to combine. Add to wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in jackfruit. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine crumble ingredients until thoroughly combined. Sprinkle on top of bread batter.
- Bake for 1 hour until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Autumn Harvest Bread with Grapes by The Bread She Bakes
- Banana Yeast Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Blackberry Honey Bread by Kidsandchic
- Cheddar Honey Flowers by Ambrosia
- Date and Chai Muffins by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Date Sweetened Banana Bread by Herbivore Cucina
- Eggless Banana Bread with Cranberries and Coconut Sugar by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Egg Free Carrot Coconut Bread by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Eggless Wholewheat Maple Banana Oat Muffins by Spill the Spices
- Einkorn Drop Biscuits with Peaches by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- English Granary Style No Knead Bread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Healthy Banana Bread by From Gate to Plate
- Honey Almond Banana Muffins by Bakingyummies
- Honey Cider Quick Loaf by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Cornbread by Magnolia Days
- Honey Oat Pain de Mie by Hostess At Heart
- Honey Pineapple Pull-Apart Rolls by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Honey Rolls by La cocina de Aisha
- Jackfruit Semolina Muffins by My Cooking Journey
- Mangalore Buns by Sneha’s Recipe
- Maple Bacon Cheddar & Pickle Pull-Apart Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Maple Pecan Scones by Cook’s Hideout
- Maple Oatmeal Bread by A Baker’s House
- Natural Banana & Blueberry Bread by Baking in Pyjamas
- Pain au Levian avec Banane by What Smells So Good?
- Tangerine Honey White Bread by A Day in the Life on the Farm
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.