Haitian Sos di Malice – Devil Sauce
a spicy Haitian sauce that can be used as a dipping sauce for fried foods or a stewing sauce.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ green pepper sliced
- 2 Scotch Bonnet peppers thinly sliced
- 3 cloves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley.
- 1 teaspoon salt
Heat oil in a saucepan.
Add shallots and garlic. Saute until shallots are softened and translucent.
Add tomato paste, vinegar and 2 ½ cups water. Whisk well to dissolve the tomato paste in the water and bring to a boil.
Add bell peppers, Scotch Bonnet and cloves. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add parsley and salt. Stir to combine.
Sos ti Malice is now ready to use as either a condiment or a stewing sauce.