Pollo Boracho - Argentinian Drunken Chicken
Pollo Boracho - Argentinian Drunken Chicken is an easy recipe for dinnertime any day of the week, stewed in garlic and white wine.
Servings: 8 people
- 3 lbs. skinless chicken pieces on the bone drumsticks and/or thighs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ½ pound smoked ham cut into thin strips.
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped parsley plus more for garnish
Season chicken with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander. Toss well. Leave for 15 minutes.
In a large pot, heat oil.
Add ham and fry for a few minutes until golden brown.
Add chicken on top.
Sprinkle garlic on top.
Add wine, stock and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
Add capers and parsley. Stir to combine.