Vegan Tomato Soup
A quick and easy tomato soup made without cream. This vegan tomato soup is perfect for lunch with a sandwich.
Servings: 6 people
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 3 small carrots peeled and chopped
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
Heat oil. Add garlic, onions, celery and carrots. Saute for a few minutes until softened.
Add tomatoes, 2 cups water, oregano, basil, crushed red pepper and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and using an immersion blender, puree.
Add parsley, salt and sugar. Cook on low heat for another 5 minutes.
- You can also use fresh tomatoes instead of the canned tomatoes but you might want to add something for color like a little ground turmeric.
- This soup can easily be made in advance and frozen.
Calories: 121.29kcal | Carbohydrates: 18.31g | Protein: 3.19g | Fat: 5.25g | Saturated Fat: 0.45g | Sodium: 529.12mg | Fiber: 4.52g | Sugar: 10.15g