Cabbage Foogath – Goan Vegetable Stir Fry
a quick and easy #vegetarian stir fry from Goa
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon urad dal split black lentils
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 green chiles split
- 1 1/2 cups Napa cabbage sliced (you can use any variety of cabbage - green cabbage or Savoy is fine as well)
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas defrosted
- 2 teaspoons ginger paste
- 1/2 cup frozen grated coconut defrosted (or freshly grated coconut)
- salt to taste
In a large skillet or a wok, heat oil. Add mustard seeds. When they start to pop, add the urad dal, curry leaves and chile. Saute for 1 minute.
Add cabbage, peas, ginger paste and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add coconut and cook another 5 minutes.